Personal information handling policy
ERE Materials Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") highly regards protection of users’ personal information and is committed to protecting personal information that is provided to the Company by users while they use the services of the Company. Therefore, the Company abides by the personal information protection regulations in the relevant laws that information and communication service provider has to comply with such as the Telecommunications Privacy Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, the Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection Act and Privacy Protection Policy established by the Ministry of Information and Communication. The Company will disclose how the personal information provided by users is being used through the personal information policy and what measures are being taken to protect personal information
Article 1 (Purpose of Handling Personal Information)
The Company handles personal information for the following purposes.
Personal information that is handled is not used for purposes other than the following purposes, and when the purpose of use is changed, it will implement necessary measures such as receiving separate consent.
1. Homepage membership and management
It handles personal information for the purpose of confirmation of membership intention, member identification by providing membership service, maintenance and management of membership, member identification by execution of limited member identification system, prevention of illegal use of service, checking consent of legal representative when handling personal information of children under 14 years old and treatment of various notices, notifications, or difficulties.
2. Provision of goods or services
It handles personal information for the purpose of delivery of goods, service provision, sending contracts and bills, contents delivery, personalized service delivery, self-identification, age verification, settlement of charge, credit collection, etc.
3. Handling difficulties
It handles personal information for the purpose of confirming the identity of the petitioner, confirming civil affair matters, contacting and notifying for the factual investigation, and notifying the result of processing.
Article 2 (Personal information items to be handled)
The company handles the following personal information items.
1. Homepage membership and management
Required items: name, date of birth, ID, password, address, mobile phone number, gender, email address
Optional: marital status, home phone number, wedding anniversary, spouse's birthday
2. Provision of goods or services
Required items: name, date of birth, ID, password, address, phone number, email address, i-PIN number, credit card number
Optional: Interests, past purchase history
3. Providing customer community
Required items: name, email, contact
Article 3 (Handling and Retention Period of Personal Information)
① Company handles and keeps personal information within personal information retention and usage period according to related laws and within personal information retention and usage period consented by users at the time of personal information collection.
② Each personal information handling and retention period is as follows.
1. Homepage membership and management: Until business/organization leave the homepage
However, if it falls under any of the following reasons, it lasts until the particular reason is over.
1) In case of investigations in violation of related laws and regulations, it lasts until the relevant investigation is terminated
2) In case of remaining bonds or obligations relationship for the use of the website, it lasts until bonds or obligations relationship is over
2. Provision of goods or services: until completion of the supply of goods and services and charges.
However, if it falls under the following reasons, it lasts until the end of the period concerned
1) Records about transaction such as indication, advertisements, contract contents and implementation in accordance with Article 6 of 「Consumer Protection Act on Electronic Commerce etc」
- Records of advertisements and Indications: June
- Supply records such as contract or subscription withdrawal, payment settlement, goods, etc.: 5 years
- Records of consumer complaints or dispute settlement: 3 years
2) Keeping communication fact confirmation data according to Article 15-2 of 「Communication Confidentiality Protection Act」
- Date of subscriber’s telecommunication, open and finish time, subscriber number, frequency of use: 1 year
- Computer communication, internet log data, access point tracking data: 3 months
○3 Destruction method of personal information
The Company handles the personal information of valuable members safely and destroys personal information through the following methods to prevent leakage.
- Personal information printed on paper is destroyed by shredder or by incineration.
- Personal information stored in the form of an electronic file is deleted using a technical method in a way that cannot be reproduced.
Article 4 (Rights, duties and exercise methods of users and legal representatives)
① User may exercise the right of privacy protection at any time on the Company.
1. Request of reading personal information
2. Request of correction in case there is an error.
3. Delete request
4. Handling stop request
② The exercise of the rights pursuant to Paragraph 1 may be made through written letter, telephone, e-mail or fax (FAX) to the Company and the Company shall take action without delay.
③ If users requests correction or deletion of errors of personal information, the Company shall not use or provide the personal information until the completion of correction or deletion.
④ In the case of a child under the age of 14, the exercise of rights under Paragraph 1 can be made through representatives such as users’ legal representative or those who received trust. In this case, a legal representative has all the rights of a user.
⑤ The user shall not invade personal information or privacy or users or other people by violating relevant laws such as the Information and Communications Network Act and the Personal Information Protection Act.
Article 5 (Installation, Operation and Rejection of Automatic Collection Device of Personal Information)
The Company uses 'Cookie' which store and retrieve information of users in order to provide personalized and customized service to each user.
a. Purpose of use for Cookie
Provide target marketing and customized service through analysis of user's access frequency and time of visit, identification of user's taste and interests and following traces and understanding attendance frequency of various events and number of visits.
b. Cookie installation/operation
You have the option of installing Cookie. Therefore, you can allow all Cookie, check each time a Cookie is saved, or refuse to save all Cookies by setting options in your web browser.
c. How to decline Cookie settings
To decline Cookie, you can allow all Cookies, check each time a Cookie is saved, or refuse to save all Cookies by setting options in your web browser. However, if the user refuses to install Cookie, there may be difficulties in providing the service.
Example of Setup Method (for Internet Explorer): Tool on top of web browser> Internet Options> Personal information
Article 6 (Measures to Ensure the Safety of Personal Information)
The Company takes the following measures to ensure the safety of personal information.
1. Administrative measures: Establishment and implementation of internal management plans, regular staff training, etc.
2. Technical measures: management of administrator's access right such as personal information processing system, encryption of unique identification information, security program installation
3. Physical measures: Access control of homepage server personnel
Article 7 (Personal Information Protection Personnel)
The company does the best to ensure that users have access to good information safely. In the event of any incidents that might occur against the notice to the user in protecting personal information, the Company shall bear all responsibility. However, the company shall not be held responsible for any damage caused by unexpected accidents by basic network dangers such as hacking and any disputes caused by posts made by visitors, which might occur in spite of technological complementary measures. The person in charge of handling personal information of the user is as follows and responds promptly and faithfully to inquiries about personal information.
1) The person in charge of personal information handling
Name: Son Jung Wan
Position: Deputy head
2) Civil Service on Personal Information
In order to protect customer's personal information and to deal with complaints related to personal information, the Company has designated and operated the department of personal information protection affairs as follows.
The department of personal information protection affairs: Marketing Team
Users may report all personal information related complaints that occur while using company's services to the person in charge of personal information management or department concerned. The Company will respond promptly to the users' complaints. If you need to report or consult about other privacy infringement, please contact the following organizations.
- Individual Dispute Resolution Committee (https://www.kopico.go.kr)
- Information Protection Mark Certification Committee (http://www.eprivacy.or.kr/)
- Internet Crime Investigation Center at the Prosecutor-General’s office
- Cyber Terror Response Center an the National Police Agency (Cyber Terror Response Center, National Police Agency)